Do you know that your little one needs 10-15 grams of dietary fiber a day?
If you do not know how much your baby is getting I would definitely start figuring out how much your baby has a day so he or she does not end up having to see a GI doctor every 3 months...ha!
Even babies as young as 14 months old need fiber!
Any Fiber One products (even for Abigail).
- Fiber One chewy bars Chocolate or Peanut Butter Bar
- Fiber One yogurt (I like strawberry)
- Fiber One pop tarts
- Fiber One cereal (caramel)
- We are also trying Benefiber in drinks this week and every serving has 3 grams of fiber
- Raisin Bran Cereal- 7 grams
- Grits- 5 grams
- Baked Beans-3.5 grams
- Whole-Wheat bread-2 grams
- Graham crackers -3 grams
- Black-eyed Peas- 8 grams
- Baked Potato (small)- 4 grams
- Applesauce 3- grams
- Strawberries 1 cup- 3-4 grams
Adults, we are supposed to have 20-35 grams of fiber a day. I really enjoy Fiber One products because they are filling, are low on the Weight Watcher's points scale, and they get my fiber in for the day.
Remember that cheese, bananas, and peanut butter can contribute to constipation. Of course, Jackson loves all three of these foods...ha!