Monday, August 18, 2008

Pray for Me and Jackson Tomorrow



Here is a picture of Jake (Jackson's only first cousin) and Jackson having fun playing together last Saturday.

Tomorrow is a big day for me and Jackson.

First,
I have my glucose test tomorrow morning at 8:30. With Jackson, I failed this test (my sugar levels were high) so I am praying that I can pass it tomorrow. I am going to be sure to eat plain foods tonight. So if you can say a quick prayer for me that would be great (I almost passed out during this test when I was pregnant with Jackson).

Second, Jackson has his hearing test tomorrow at 3 pm. I am praying that that all is well. It is the hardest for me when doctors say that everything is fine. I am just not a patient person and God might just be trying to teach me more patience when it comes to Jackson and his speech. I really have a feeling that the more recent double ear infection that lasted six weeks caused scar tissue damage to his ear - especially after doing some research online and talking to the doctor. However, he might just have his own little language for a while (at least he can throw a spiral football across the room and he is not even 2 years old yet....haha). I will be glad if someone can come to the house and help him speak better. Hopefully, I will have an update on how things went tomorrow night.

Ps- Today we got rid of the morning bottle. It went really well. He ate an entire container of yogurt and lots of cereal this morning. We have three more weeks until his 2 year old birthday and these last two bottles have got to go before then. We are going to give him two more weeks with just the night bottle and then the night bottle is going as well. He did fine, but when we went to Gold's Gym they could not give him his nutter butters because there was a child in there who had a peanut allergy. He was hungry, so of course he cried for a good while and they had to come get me out of the class. So far, the only repercussions of getting rid of his other 10 ozs has been one night where he woke up in the middle of the night and played in his crib for about an hour, as well as one instance of him being so hungry that he ate a piece of Millie's dog food...gross.

He refuses to drink milk out of a cup. Any advice on how to get him to drink milk out of a cup this I am all ears! The doctor said she did not care if he drank any milk she just wanted the bottles gone. He will drink juice out of a cup all day long, just not milk or water at all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog for a while now. I just wanted to encourage you to get plenty of protein in your diet tonight and tomorrow. Protein helps to stabalize and properly process the sugar in your blood. My daughter is six months old and I was nervous about this test myself but I got lots of wonderful health advice from our Bradley Method childbirth teacher. I will also pray for you as we both know that is the best solution for any worry!

Leah F said...

I am so glad someone else left the comment about protein--my best friend ate only protein the night before and she passed with flying colors! I tried that, but didn't manage to cut out everything...or am just doomed to pass the test the first time...who knows? Anyway, I will definitely be praying for you, and trusting that the Lord will care for you as you have an eventful day tomorrow. Try to sleep well tonight!

Emily Wallace said...

Jamie!

Thanks so much. I had salmon last night for supper and then today during the test I felt great. I will not know the results till tomorrow though.

Leah-Thanks so much! I slept great last night and have a peace about everything and feel very calm today. I can definitely feel everyone's prayers!