Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This Week's CVS Purchases



First Purchase:

2 Packs of Huggies (30 ct) for $8.99 each saved $3.50 on each pack
2 destin ointment at $2.99 each saved $2 on each pack
1 JJ baby shampoo $2.99 saved $1.30

I had to spend $25 on these baby products in order to earn by $5 (that does not expire in the store till Sept 11th). However, I had 2 coupons from Sunday's paper on Huggies diapers for $1 off each pack. Also, I printed off a $2 off coupon at CVS when you spend $10 from money saving mom's blog under this post: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/2008/08/g-r-e-a-t-news.html
It came up under a pdf file and all I had to do was print page 30.

So, I had $4 in coupons so I did not have to spend the entire $25. I spent about $23 and earned $5 on all these baby products. My newest hobby is definitely couponing. It is strange, but I really enjoy it and saving us money any way I can.

Second Purchase:


I had to spend $10 in candy to get $5 back to spend on anything in the store.

I only spent $5 on all this candy because I used my $5 that I earned in the first purchase and then I made another $5 to take home and use next week. I was a big dork and had the CVS ad book out and my calculator so I knew exactly what I was going to spend before I went there since I knew I would have Jackson with me.

Note: The airhead are for my 4th grade girls Sunday School class when they answer questions right. I hide them under a bed so I forget about them. The Sprees are for Charlie and the M&M's are for the whole family as a chocolate treat (I got the Hershey bar for Charlie for free for some reason when I bought my last week purchases from CVS).

If you really want to earn money at CVS use your extracare bucks for deals that make you more extracare money. If I had saved mine from last week then I would have only spend $10 on the baby products. My problems is that I spend my bucks as soon as I earn them. Any other advice how to not spend any money on these transactions, I am all ears!

Also, if you want to save money you will shop at more than 1 store a week (more like 4 stores....CVS, Kroger, Walmart, and Aldi).

2 comments:

amjackson said...

My mother is the district Manager for CVS so I sent her this post.
She will be pleased with your advertising for them! :)

Emily Wallace said...

That is awesome! I love CVS and have earned and saved so much money in the last 6 months shopping with them.