Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thanks for Your Prayers----Everything Went Well (Updated)

Wow, it has been a crazy day!

First, Jackson woke up at 6:40...I guess he did notice that his morning bottle was gone after all (we took it away Monday morning). He ate his food very fast this morning! Jackson went to work with daddy which he loved (they have childcare on Tuesdays at the church)

Second, the glucose test went well. I never felt like I was going to throw up or pass out like I did last time. I will find out the results tomorrow and post them here on this post. Update: The nurse called today and I failed the test by 8 points...ahhhh! I scored a 138 and 130 is passing. I did some research and 138 in some cases is passing. So now I have to go to the hospital next Tuesday for the 3 hour test (I know I only have to drink the terrible drink 1 time and then they draw my blood every hour for 3 hours....so sad). It is just frustrating because I failed by such a few points. It is depressing but I am not concerned with me...I am just concerned with Abigail.

I am measuring 24 weeks and cannot believe I only have 4 more weeks until I will be considered in my 3rd trimester. Her heart beat was strong and she was moving all around for the doctor. I forgot to mention that last week I was 23 weeks pregnant and Jackson turned 23 months old...crazy!

Third, Jackson's hearing test went well. His hearing is normal in every way. There is no scar tissue damage but he does have a ton of ear wax in his ears which the doctor said was almost impossible to get out of toddlers' ears. I was so glad Charlie was there with me because I was so exhausted and could have never held him down in my lap for that long. He did great in the sound proof booth and I actually think he had fun during that part. However, when we put the device in his ear you would have thought we were killing him.

I am real excited about Babynet coming to the house next Thursday. I talked to the coordinator and she said they will just observe him and ask me questions for a couple of hours. They will be able to evaluate where he exactly is on his language development and I have heard of families that have had unbelievable results once their child starting working with them.

It is just hard for me sometimes because if there is a problem I want to fix it and move on. But God is teaching me to completely trust Him and rely on Him. I am on His timetable not my own. I am completely praising Him that Jackson's hearing is completely normal...we are so blessed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad it went well! It made a huge difference for me to only have protein and complex carbs for 24 hours before the test. I think I hate only chicken breast and hard boiled eggs! :)

Emily Wallace said...

I really think eating just that broiled salmon the night before helped tremendously. When I was pregnant with Jackson I had no idea what I was doing, and I think I ate cake the night before...ah!

However, I still do not know if I passed the test, but I felt great during it. Thanks again for your advice!