Monday, October 27, 2008

Abigail's Room Part 2







I think there might only be one more post on Abigail's room, but I just had to post all the hard work Charlie's mom did. Doesn't it look great? The border is made from tulle that I ordered from Mary Jo's fabric in Gastonia, NC... I got an entire bolt for $20. Mimi made the bows that she got a Michael's (she painted them and used a white pin to details of the bows). She also made this beautiful shelf and got the decorative bows from Micheals. I think we have been working on her room for three straight weekends...but it is completely worth it for her! The dresser is beautiful and I do not think this picture does it justice.

All that is left to do on the checklist is:
  1. Get the bookcase from my parents and paint it
  2. Find screws to fit the inside part of the crib
  3. Get wall letters (I think I have decided to go with some loopy letters at Micheals and will paint them and have bows hanging from them)
  4. Get a mattress
  5. Get a white lamp
  6. Clean out the closet and get all her clothes organized into binds
  7. Clean out Jackson's closet
  8. Eventually get black out curtain

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily-
Do you still need a crib mattress? I will be glad to let you have Madalyn's for free. We moved her to a "big girl" bed a few months ago, and the mattress is just sitting in our attic. It is still in pretty good condition. Just email me back at: dmccathern@sc.rr.com -- Deana McCathern

Emily Wallace said...

That would be sooo great! I will e-mail you...what a blessing!

Michelle said...

I've been catching up on your family since we've been out of the loop! I love Abigail's border and shelf! Your m-in-l did a wonderful job! I can't believe she's coming soon! Yeah!