Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Abigail's Room (So Far)




This is the terrible first color...aren't you proud of me for not breaking down over this color?

I am definitely nesting now. As y'all know I am a huge planner and when I went to the doctor we went ahead and scheduled the rest of my OB appointments....ah! I go every single week in November and I really want her room all ready by 36 weeks because I know if I go into labor then they will probably not try to stop it. Well, I will be 36 weeks on November 11th...which is basically in three more weeks.

We have never painted a room in our house because we have always lived in apartments or parsonages. So, Charlie went to Lowe's to get the paint and it was definitely a brown pink color (they guy really messed it up). After painting two walls this terrible color (I did not go crazy...amazing), we realized that we would have to go back and get the right color. So, it took longer to paint than it should (Charlie started painting last Friday which is why I have not posted much on the blog)....but Charlie did a great job and I love it (Charlie was very patient)! I just had to post pictures of the terrible color because words cannot describe it.

Future plans for the room:
1. A dresser - Charlie's mom has a beautiful dresser in Lauren's old room and I am so excited that they are giving it to us this weekend...yay!
2. A bookcase -My uncle actually built a great bookcase that my parents are giving us and all we have to do is paint it
3. A border for the top part of the room. Charlie's mom is very creative and has come up with getting this white tulle and hanging it at the top of the room to act as a border (wooden bows that she got a Micheal's will be hanging from the tulle). Charlie's parents are going to come help us with the border this weekend.
4. Wall Letters to hang above her crib-I am being picky about this and I want Scripted white letter and white ribbon bows hanging from the letters. I am trying my best right now to order them online. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy scripted wall letters?
5. Crib- we have the one that was in the fire and it is beautiful light wood color. We need a mattress.
6. Lamp-I want a plain white lamp...any suggestions on where to get an inexpensive plain white lamp? Then hopefully I will get this lady who monograms things to do a bow and put her initials on the lamp shade (a nightlight cover and trash can would be great too but we might wait on that). I thin she charges just $5 for monogramming.

So, all we really have to buy is decorative stuff (wall letters) and the mattress...God is so faithful to provide!

The theme of her room is bows and monograms...can you tell I am excited?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the rest! Love the pink (: Have you looked at wordwall.com for letters? See you tomorrow at Fight Deck.

Emily Wallace said...

Thanks girl for the link...I will check it out! Had a great time at Fight Deck.