Thursday, October 09, 2008

Pregnancy Laughs


I got this picture in my e-mail from babycenter the other day and I just had to laugh. Some women really enjoy being pregnant. I do not hate being pregnant, but it is definitely not easy for me. With this pregnancy the sneezing has been ridiculous...I even had to leave a baby shower early because I could not stop sneezing. However, the end result of being pregnant is one of the biggest blessing of my life, so I will probably be pregnant again. Anyway, my feelings do get hurt when women say comments like, "you have got to be having twins," or "you are so huge" or "there is no way you are going to make it to your due date." Part of me wants to say, "Do I look that bad to you?" Actually, this pregnancy I have had some women tell me I look good and not swollen. What is your recommendations for me to biblically respond to comments made to me about how huge I am? I am usually so stunned that I just do not say anything.

Ps-If you are pregnant do not get the flu mist, just get the flu shot. Jackson got the flu midst Wednesday night since he got the flu last Novemeber. He has to get it again in 4 weeks since this is the first time he has gotten the flu shot.

4 comments:

C.L. said...

oh Emily, I'm so sorry. My sisters and I all got stupid comments like that. I don't understand how people feel they can say that, but I was the same way--too stunned to say anything back. I think maybe that is God's grace for me because otherwise, I might say something hurtful. I am sure you look fantastic!

Mommy Reg said...

I haven't commented lately but have been reading every post. :) I look like I am ready to pop at 6 months. Seriously, at 6 months I cannot wear anything, I am normally a small and I have to go up to a large by then. So I get a lot of those comments. Be encouraged, I think people say it because they have no idea what else to say. I just smile and nod, then gently inform them I am only carrying one and I have several weeks to go. The more kids you have, the faster you grow. By Baby G I was wearing maternity clothes at 10 weeks.
Blessings to you.
I'll try to comment more if even to just say Hi. :)

amjackson said...

I think you look fabulous pregnant! I agree with the previous poster, sometimes I think people just say things because they don't know what else to say. I have caught myself telling someone "Look how big your belly has gotten!!" just because I was amazed at the miracle inside her! I think sweet, pregnant bellies are a beautiful thing!!

Emily Wallace said...

Thank you ladies! I am probably being too sensitive...haha. Guess I just hate all the attention being pregnant gets you. It really is shocking what people will say, however.