Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Festival 2008









Fall Festival was so much fun this year...it was fun last year as well...I love this event! There were some things that went wrong of course, but overall it was a great outreach/family fun event. I think there were about 800 people there but I could be wrong. This event and VBS are the biggest events Charlie has all year. We had the Lads come for a concert and the kids loved them...this band was at Centri-Kid camp this summer and they are so great with kids...very ineractive. Jackson really enjoyed them as well and was one of the few preschoolers dancing and loving the concert (I will be posting video of him dancing soon). When the band stopped playing he threw himself down on the grass and had a crying fit...he is a very unique child.
Overall, praise was that:
  1. Jackson kept his outfit on all night. When I put the bottoms on at home he did not like them so I just put an undershirt on him and Charlie put the rest of it on when we got there. Charlie was the elephant catcher (zoo keeper). I was going to try and dress up like a zoo keeper as well but being so pregnant it just did not happen. I got Jackson's outfit at OldNavy.com for $15. Jackson loves elephants and greets most people with an elephant motion.
  2. Jackson had a fun time (he loves to dance to the live music) and we were both able to stay there for almost the entire time
  3. I had some mild contractions yesterday. They came about every 20 minutes for a while. For most people that would be a big deal but I had contractions with Jackson for 4-6 weeks and then a very fast delivery. I do think I will give birth at the end of November. You will have a chance to guess the due date, weight and height of Abigail soon...there might even be a prize for the winner. I am so glad Abigail was not due now because Charlie had a 14 hour day yesterday and it would have been really hard on us. I have had some major lower back pain this morning and cramps in my legs so I have called the doctor and I am waiting to hear back from them (it was a hard night last night). I am not doing anything today. Jackson is already about to go crazy staying in the house and it is only 10 am, however, he is being very loving to me and I think he knows I do not feel good. Any suggestions on how to keep a two year old entertained when we are stuck at home?
  4. Update: I talked to the doctor and she said she was pretty sure I just got dehydrated since I was having cramps in my legs as well. They can cause contractions every 20 minutes. I have not had any more contractions and she said if that happens again just drink lots of water and lay down on my side. That makes sense because we went out Saturday night and I hardly drank any water like I usually do. I am drinking a ton of water now! Also, if I eat a banana every day I do not get the terrible leg cramps...we ran out Saturday so that could also have been a problem.

No comments: