Monday, October 06, 2008

Pictures from Country Adventures






We had the best time last Friday night at County Adventures with the Firststeps children's ministry (Jackson and I finally got haircuts!). I was so glad that they did the hay ride while it was still light outside this year. Me and two other pregnant ladies decided not to go on the bumpy hayride. I think we had around 100 people there and we enjoyed the animals, hot dogs, camp fire and smores.

I love the Fall, however, I will have to admit that I am dreading cold weather. Last winter Jackson got the flu (his eyes rolled in the back of his head because his fever got so high), double ear infections, the croup, etc. Maybe Jackson's immune system has built up now, but it seemed like last winter he was sick every 3 weeks which was extremely difficult. At one point we all got the stomach virus at the exact same time...I have no idea how we got through that virus since we were all throwing up at the exact same time. If I had a job last winter, I might have had to quit it because I would have probably have missed a couple months of work. I love the summer time because illnesses are few and far between. Jackson did have a clear running nose this weekend and we have given him claritin and he seems to be doing better. Wednesday night we are scheduled for him to have his flu vaccine since he was one of the first confirmed cases of the flu last November (somehow Charlie and I did not get it and we have no idea where he got it from). He really needs to be well for this vaccine and he has to have it since the flu is a virus he obviously catches very easily.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I also worry about the illnesses that cold weather can bring. I'm sure Jackson's immune system will be better this year and he can fight off the bugs that may come his way!

Michelle said...

We loved being at Country Adventures with you guys the other night! Rivers and Jackson look so cute together!