Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween 2008


This was Jackson's first year trick or treating. Last year we had just moved into our house, and I knew Jackson would not understand the concept. This year we went to Jake's (Jackson's first cousin) neighborhood. Jake is actually wearing the costume that Charlie wore when he was Jake's age...a cheetah (I think Charlie's grandmother made this outfit)! Jackson loved running from house to house, but then when they came to the door he would run away...I think because he thought we were dropping him of at some stranger's house...ha. We met a lot of people and were able to have some conversations with some. I debated whether or not we would go trick or treating because it does seem like we are celebrating Satan on this holiday, but for kids it is a fun way to get out, get some candy, and for us in ministry it is a great way to meet some people. Our society and our neighborhood is so private, this is one of the few times we can actually meet and talk to our neighbors. Next year, Charlie said he was going to stick a First Kids flyer on the candy we hand out. Go to Charlie's blog for the history of Halloween...it is interesting: http://charlie-wallace.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Mary Mac said...

what a cute elephant and leopard! looks like y'all had some fun dressing up :)
adam is definitely warming up to ryan. one thing that is difficult is seeing adam having a hard time adjust and I want him to know how much I love him. so here is my prayer for you:
Jesus, Thank you for Abigail! Thank you that you have given her a big brother. I pray that you would prepare him for her stay in the wallace home :) I pray that you would give him a confidence of his parents love for him. I pray that you would give Emily insight on how to affirm her love to her son when her attentions are drawn elsewhere at different times. Give her wisdom and joy and patience as she loves on her growing family. Amen.

amjackson said...

You've been tagged. Go check out my blog to see what to do! :) Sorry...I couldn't resist!!

Emily Wallace said...

Thank you so much Mary Mac...you are such a blessing and I am so thankful for your prayer!