Wednesday, September 17, 2008

28 Week Doctor Visit...Now in My Third Trimester! Plus An Update on Jackson

Wow, this week has been so busy! I had my 28 week doctor visit to finally find out that I do not have gestational diabetes. My sugar levels were perfect! I really did not think I had it since I failed the first test by 8 points, and many doctors offices would have not made me take the terrible 3 hour test. I really think working at doing exercise classes at Gold's Gym has made a big difference in being a lot more healthier this pregnancy. I have gained 22 fun filled pounds. The strange thing is that I am measuring more than 29 weeks and I am only 28 weeks, but she said that is normal. Even with as big as I got with Jackson, I never measured more than what week I was actually on. Please remind me that I went 40 weeks with Jackson and was dilated for like 4 weeks...haha. She told me not to get my hopes up. However, every time I eat I feel like my stomach is going to expand out to the moon. She moves around all the time, but I am not complaining. With Jackson, I had an anterior placenta and I could hardly ever feel him move which would always make me nervous Do yall think Abigail will come early?

Today, my Bright Star coordinator, Jackie, came over (she will be coming over every week until he is 3 years old I think). She is wonderful! She is so patient with Jackson. She brought over bubbles and got him to point to the right colors of objects and eat an entire thing of applesauce by using these bubbles. He has never eaten an entire thing of applesauce...I was able to feed half of it to him. The key is to offer the healthy food first, and then I let him have the grill cheese. The entire time he was screaming "bubbles." He said it so clearly! We have finally gotten a speech therapist and will hopefully be meeting with her next week (I started this early intervention process in the beginning of August so it has been a long process). Jackie will work on goals that we have for him, such as doing preschool tasks (tasks that would be asked of him in Preschool) and any goals that I want her to work on with him. What a blessing!

We go for his 2 year old well visit tomorrow. He has to get the flu shot this year because he was one of the first confirmed cases of the flu last year. I think we have to schedule that somewhere other than his doctor's office. We go to Palmetto Pediatrics and see Dr. Greenhouse...we love it there! I should have an update on his visit by the end of the week.

PS-We are officially done with bottles for 11 weeks until Abigail comes. Jackson did very well...I had to keep postponing getting rid of it because he kept on getting sick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are going well for you! I am 20 pounds, 26 weeks-you should be pleased with your results!

amjackson said...

THIRD TRIMESTER!! Wow, time has flown by!! Can't wait to meet her!

Emily Wallace said...

Thank yall so much! Yall are so encouraging!