Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Like Grandfather, Like Grandson: Update on Jackson


Somedays, Jackson really favors my father in looks and actions. This particular day (shown in the picture above) was certainly one of them. I came home from the grocery store last week and Charlie had put this great Polo hat that Sandi got for him on him. I think my dad has the exact same outfit so it was really hilarious.

Things are progressing with Bright Star. Yesterday, the speech therapist had to do her own evaluation (how many evaluations does he have to have?) and she was great! She said that he has a good amount of words that he can say but the only problem is that they are descriptive words and he will not use words to tell me what he wants. Another problem is that he should be putting two words together by now. She is coming Thursday to set more goals and then another speech therapist (we cannot work it out with our schedules to have her...sad) will start working with him hopefully the next week but it might even be the next...ah! This is a long process that is definitely trying my patience. It has taken two whole months to get a speech therapist! Since this is taking so long, we have gone to see a personal speech therapist twice and today we made a ton of progress and she gave me many things to work on. I just finished typing up my notes from the session. We will probably only go to the private therapist 3-5 times and then I will file the insurance myself and pray they cover some of it. If they do cover some of it, we will go back to her as well before the baby comes. I just really want to have and learn about as many resources as I can for Jackson before Abigail comes. The good news is he is progressing, but it is hard work on my part and takes tons of repetition! If you are interested in the homework exercises they have assigned me let me know and I will post them...I probably will post them anyway when he accomplishes them in another post.

Here is some video from last week... enjoy!

No comments: