Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jackson's 2 Year Old Doctor Check Up


  • He was 36 inches and in the 87 percentile in height! She said he just might be going through a growth spurt but he has never been in this high of a percentile before!
  • He was 27.2 pounds and in the 40th percentile in weight....yay! He had lost a couple pounds a few months ago so I was excited about his weight with him not drinking but a couple ozs of milk a day.
  • She was glad we have gone with Bright Star as a provider under Babynet (Babynet is a federal funded program), and said they are the best with speech delay. She did not say this but Charlie and I feel very strongly that he has the speech delay due to the very long double ear infection that he had this summer (lasted 6 weeks). I really feel like he shut down during this time because he could not hear with all the fluid in his ear. I still have not met my speech therapist but I have assigned one now and she has to come out next week and evaluate him, and then she can finally start working on his speech. I started this process at the beginning of August and still have not gotten help with Jackson's speech so if you think your little one might have a problem try to contact people as soon as you can. I wish I had contacted them about a month early. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at emilywallace80@hotmail.com
  • Jackson can say, "daddy, bye, doggy, bubbles, ball, go, outside, here (more like gee), bad, it's bad, no, gamecocks ducky." He still calls me daddy...sad. He tries to say many other words but they come out "ga ga." He should be saying more like 20 words and he should be able to start putting phrases together. Today at the doctors we think he said "I want to go," but not that clearly, but he said "football" clearly tonight. He is already making some progress without the speech therapist.
  • Dr. Greenhouse said to expect some short lived regression in everything when Abigail comes. Ah! I cannot have three living beings not speaking to me all day long...Jackson, Abigail, and Millie Boo.
  • Charlie was able to meet me there right before the doctor came in since I have pregnancy brain and since we are concerned about Jackson's speech. Jackson fell asleep on Charlie which was great because he slept through the Hep A shot and iron test. His iron levels were great and I will be getting him on vitamins asap. She recommended Polyvisol drops for vitamins or My First Flintstones (they disolve in your child's mouth). She strongly does not recommend starting vitamins till they are 2 years old however.
  • The sheet I got said some intersting facts such as: "your child may get upset and impatient easily, becomes frustrated when not understood, shows anger by crying or striking out, gets upset when daily rountine is changed, etc." I guess this is why they call this age the "terrible two's."

4 comments:

lindler5 said...

crying & striking out... i am already getting A LOT of that with anna louise. although the crying is more like a wild scream.

i can't believe how your little jackson is growing. he is becoming a little big man.

amjackson said...

I was about to tell you that Price is on My First Flintstones right now. He loves them and requests them several times a day. He doesn't understand why he only gets 1!! :)

Emily Wallace said...

I know apparently this behavior is "normal." Jackson just has this terrible whine right now that is really hard to listen to. I cannot believe he is as big as he is considering he was only 6 pounds when we came out at 40 weeks!

Thanks so much Ashley for letting me know about these vitamins!

See yall soon!

排骨酥May said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.