Thursday, September 25, 2008

I had a Great Birthday!








I had a wonderful day today. I met my mom to go shopping at Harbison mall at 10 am. Much to my surprise my dad was with her. I was so excited. I have the best parents ever! He was a great help with Jackson while we went to Motherhood and shopped for like an hour. My parents got me a huge gift card to Motherhood and I really needed some Fall outfits since many of my maternity clothes got burned in the fire (I am also so thankful for the beautiful outdoor furniture that Charlie's parents got me for my birthday...I really racked up this year!). Then, we went to Chili's for lunch and it was so great; they even brought this beautiful cake from Publix for me.

Then tonight we went back out to Harbison and got Jackson and Charlie some much needed shoes and me my jeans that we forget to get. Then we had the best meal ever at the Olive Garden (Charlie got me a beautiful card and gift certificate to the new book store at the church). Jackson insisted on feeding me with my fork my salad...it was hilarious and we got some video of it.

Birthdays are a big deal in our family. I think birthdays need to be a huge celebration of the life that God has so graciously given us. I believe that birthdays need to be different than Christmas in terms of present-giving. Christmas is Jesus' Birthday - not ours (more about that at Christmas time). What special traditions do you have for birthdays with your family? I would love to hear! Treasuring God in Our Traditions by Noel Piper is a great book for ideas on how to make traditions as biblical as possible.

Losing Miss Nancy Sue so suddenly when she was not even sick just makes me so thankful for the life God has given me and all the many blessings he has so richly bestowed. He has given me the most perfect husband for me, the sweetest boy as a son, and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me with this little girl.

This day was chosen by God especially for me and I am just humbly thankful this year.

“In Him we live and move and have our being” Acts 17:18

“For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.” Romans 11:36

No comments: