Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Video of Jackson Enjoying His New Basketball Goal



Here is video of Jackson enjoying his new basketball goal that Grand and Gigi got him for his birthday. I meant to put this video up a while ago. We are so blessed to have family to give Jackson so many gifts. Grand and Gigi got him toys, and church clothes that we so desperately needed for the Fall. We are so blessed!

If you notice he had his pacifier in his mouth...well that is all about to change. We are not giving him his pacifier during the day no matter what. Studies have shown that prolong pacifier use can cause speech issues. It is fine for them to have till about 12 or 15 months old before they start really talking. We are not giving him his pacifier at all during the day and today he had a breakdown for like 20 minutes and I did not cave in. Either this Monday or the next we are going to let him go to sleep with a pacifier and then take it out of his crib at around 11 pm. Then the next night we are going to brace ourselves and not give it to him. I know it is going to be a very difficult time, but I really want the passi gone before Abigail is born. Any suggestions on how to gradual get rid of the pacifier...I would love to hear!

3 comments:

Shannon Bradley said...

I have heard, that you can make a hole in the paci (not sure how large) and the suction will differ, therefore they are less intersted!! Who knows!!!
Shannon Bradley

Ginger DeBusk said...

Emily,
I found your blog by linking around. I'm also a fellow SEBTS grad (2004). I have 3 kids ages 4,2 and 9 months. With both of my boys we cut off the end of the paci a little bit every couple of nights. Start by cutting just the tip. Every few nights you can cut a bit more. Our oldest screamed the first night for about 20 minutes. After that he kept that thing in his mouth until there wasn't enough left for him to suck on and then he just handed it to me and was done. It worked even better for the second one. Hope all goes well!
Ginger

Emily Wallace said...

Thank yall so much! It is great to hear from you. I need all the advice on this topic. My little boy is growing up finally. No bottles, soon no pacifiers at all, and we are about to transition to a double bed. Last night at the nursery he did not have the pacifier all night and he did great. He said and tried to say many words, and acted like a big boy in the big 2 year old room. Yay!