Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Baby Boy is Growing Up!



Jackson has had many changes the last couple of months. We went over to a friend's house from the church (she will remain nameless) and got many great clothes for Abigail. God just keeps on raining blessing down on us! We also got this great booster seat so now Jackson sits at the table with us when we have our Dream Dinners. Yes, I went back to Dream Dinners and got 12 meals (they will prepare it for you if you order it Thursday and then pick it up Friday). I think it comes out to about $8 a meal for us which is great! Charlie enjoys cooking the meals and I do not mind cleaning them up.

I have never been in a real big hurry for Jackson to grow up. I want to make sure he is ready for changes and that I am not pushing things just because I want him to do things. He really has adapted to these changes so much better than I thought he would...maybe because we did it so gradually. Here is a summary of his major changes (we have not been able to do many of these changes before because he had that double ear infection this summer that lasted so long).
  1. Jackson got rid of all bottles in the month of August.
  2. Jackson does not get his pacifier at all during the day even in nursery situations. We will be getting rid of it all together in the next couple of weeks.
  3. The newest change is that he is now in a big boy bed! Since Jackson has gotten so tall, we have noticed the last couple of weeks that his legs have been hanging out of the crib. The crib that was given to Jackson was smaller than the crib that was in the fire. Charlie and I had finally had enough and we felt like we were making our big boy sleep in a shoebox. We had gotten a new mattress from my parents (what a huge blessing) while we were at Crosswell that has been just taking up space in our garage. So now Jackson has gone from a crib that is way too small for him to a huge double bed. The only time we could get the bed out of the garage was on Friday so at the last minute we got it all ready on Friday. Charlie's parents got us these great Gamecock sheets for Jackson's birthday. So, how did he do? He did great! We heard him banging his legs against the wall a few times throughout the night (I guess since he is used to having those bumpers in his crib). We got him a couple more Gamecock pillows at Walmart to put up against the wall so maybe he will not be banging throughout the night. Since it is a double bed (we do have a rail up), he does not feel comfortable getting down by himself so he was just waiting for us this morning propped up against pillows like a king. He loves his bed, and was so excited about it! I have a lot of great ideas with his "Gamecock" themed room. We just got a lamp on sale at the Cracker Barrell (part of Sandi's present for Jackson was some money for this lamp...again we are so blessed). Once I get it all situated I will be sure to post pictures. He will have this gamecock themed room for a very very long time. I just do not want to keep on doing new themes...it is not very wise for us. Also, Abigail's room will probably always be a bows and mongramed themed. Update/Night #2: He fell off the bed at 12 am last night. There was only about one foot at the front of the bed where the rail is that he could have fallen off of, and he managed to do it. He cried but then went back to sleep and had no problems after that. The bed is not very high up at all praise God. If you have any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again, I would love to hear from you! We moved the rail up completely so there is not that space there anymore, but now there is about 3 or 4 feet of space at the bottom of the bed. He is just such a violent sleeper (he is all over the place when he sleeps).
Ps-Now I get e-mails giving me updates on my Preschooler...what? Jackson is now considered a preschooler by babycenter!

No comments: