Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Psalm 44

Today in my Bible Reading plan I read Psalm 44:

verses 4-8

You are my King, O God;
Command victories for Jacob,
Through You we will push
back our adversaries
Through Your name we
will trample down
those who rise up
against us,
For I will not trust in my bow,
Nor will my sword save me.
But you have saved us from our adversaries
And You have put to shame those who hate us
In God we have boasted all day long.
And we will give thanks to Your name forever.

Through God, and God alone will we overcome adversity here one earth. Through His name...He is our only hope! Things of this world will not save us, but God will save us. Do yall think about this fact?

Sometimes I really do believe that God allows things to happen to us so we will pray. Then, we will see Him move, and He will get all the glory. I am so quick to be thankful for things here on earth...am I boasting in God all day long or in His resources?

Have I mentioned I love the Psalms? Whatever I am going through over the years God has really spoken to me through the Psalms and today is certainly no different.

2 comments:

C.L. said...

Hey Emily, thank you for sharing this! You just have to sign in with whatever email you sign into blogger with and then your password. I just made the blog private, but you're on the list. And I wanted to put Charlie on, but I didn't have his email. So if he wants on, let me know!

Emily Wallace said...

Great. Thanks so much, it lets me sign on now...I do not know what the problem was. I love seeing your beautiful little girl grow up!