Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Abigail: Father's Joy-Video of Her After Eating

Here is video of Abigail last night after eating. She is definitely living up to what her name means: "father's joy." She has Charlie wrapped around her little finger. It probably was a coincidence but she cried when I took her away from Charlie while he was feeding her and was looking all around for him (she stares him down).

She really is a joy to both of us. She slept for 4 hours in the top of the pack in play last night and then went back to sleep after the 5:00 feeding. She is not really that fussy at all anymore now that she is on Enfamil Lactose Free formula (Jackson had to be on lactose free formula as well and I struggled with being allergic to milk when I was a baby). Charlie and I got probably 6 or 7 hours of sleep total and my sister was very brave and did the entire 1:00 feeding by herself which was the biggest blessing ever!

Do not expect this many updates next week when I am by myself with both of them! Charlie has been so much help this week it is crazy. He took this entire week as vacation and took her to the doctor all by himself this morning since I am still having a hard time carrying the car seat and we did not want to bring Jackson into the doctor's office. I am so proud of him, and do not know many fathers who could take a 4 day old baby to the doctor's office! Abigail's levels of juandice was up 2 more points (to 12.8) and we have to go back to the doctor Thursday to see if we need to do the bili blanket. Her levels are not as high as Jackson, but it is still hard to get settled having to go to the doctor every day....but she is looking pretty yellow today...sad. Pray that the levels get better!

Jackson is adjusting well so far. He touches the baby with his finger a lot and signs baby. He was really hyper during speech therapy today but did everything she asked him to do and even said some new words!

As far as I go, I do not feel like I just had a baby 4 days ago...it is unbelievable, especially compared to how I felt after I had Jackson! God gets all the glory!

No comments: