Monday, December 08, 2008

Update on Abigail: 3 Days Old





These pictures were taken on Sunday. Kelly is staying with us until tomorrow, and we are so thankful for her help. Abigail was not a happy camper last night (and we needed some extra hands). She finally got comfortable with her stomach at about 2 am and some how got 5 hours of straight sleep (Charlie and I). Today, she is a lot happier but sleeping a ton. Pray we are not up all night tonight! We had to go to the doctor this morning to check the jaundice levels and they had just gone up to 10.8. Tomorrow morning Charlie is going back to the doctor by himself so please pray for him while I stay home with Jackson. If the jaundice levels are still high tomorrow she might have to be in a bili-blanket. They were really pleased with her weight she was 6 pounds 12 and half ozs. The doctors are glad we are bottle feeding so the jaundice levels can get out of her system. Our doctor said jaundice has to do with genetics and it is likely my babies will struggle with it...but I am not as worried about it this time since I know she is getting enough to eat.

I have not taken any pictures of her today...sad....ha! Being pregnant is hard...but I am so blessed and love having a baby again!

No comments: