Sunday, March 08, 2009

At Last



We have a minivan. I have wanted one since Jackson was born, but have not really "needed" one utill recently. My Honda is a '96 and Charlie's Ford Explorer is a '97 but has only two doors. Now, having two children, when we go somewhere I have no room to even put my feet down with all our bags. I had no idea how we would even go see my parents in Spartanburg with our car situation. In the last couple of weeks, Charlie's brakes have been giving out and he was about to put money in it to fix a car that is not worth a whole lot and a car that we know we are going to try to trade in this year. This last week we started working on our taxes and could not believe how much we are getting back for various reasons . . . one being that we had a baby last year.

To make a long story long, we have been looking for a minivan very actively the last couple of weeks. Charlie test drove many minivans and we just could not buy a car we just really were not that thrilled with. My dream car has been a Honda Odyssey but I just did not think it was in our price range, and it was not until we got this huge tax return that it was. So, I called Honda Cars of Columbia and they had my dream car - a Silver Honda Odyssey 06 with leather interior and everything that I wanted it to have. This is the car I have been looking everywhere for. We were able to put a lot of money down and our monthly payment is lower than I ever dreamed possible (not much more money than it was to pay off our king size bed one year). We have a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty since it does have a good amount of miles on it and we will have it paid off in 5 years. The only difference in this car and a new model is the miles it has on it. It only had one owner and no wrecks. This is my dream car and God just continues to bless us and rain down funds to us literally out of the sky to meet our needs and more.

If you are looking to buy a car, I heard on the news that now is the best time in the history of cars being made to buy a car. I have heard of some of my friends talking dealers down $10-$15,000 off new cars. I think it is best to buy from a dealer because you can negotiate like I did and get a great loan and interest rate from them. We just really are happy with Honda cars because they last so long. Charlie will be driving my 96 Honda Accord just to work and back hopefully for another 4-5 years and we hope to have this mini van for 10-15 years. I never want to give up this car! Also, my Honda Accord has had no major problems in the 13 years I have had it.

We are so excited and have waited for two and half years for this car! Now with one click of a button, doors open and we get our babies in the car. My back does not break and it will be so easy now to go places with two babies by myself. God is so faithful!

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:1, ESV).

2 comments:

Anna said...

Praise the Lord! Our God is a God who supplies all of our needs!(Phil 4:19) So happy for you and your family, Emily!

Anonymous said...

Nice van. Watch out if it has Michelin PAX tires. They can only be purchased and installed at the dealer and they are $$$. PAX tires are also the only tire that will fit the wheel so you can't go with something cheaper. Just something to be aware of if you have them.