"we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."
Romans 5:2-5 (ESV)
Our suffering has a purpose. What hope God gives us through His Word and through His Son, and His Spirit!
Here are my tips to Prevent Your Baby from getting Sick:
- First and foremost, pray pray and pray some more. Sometimes when my babies are just started to be sick and congested, I lay hands on them and pray in Jesus name that He will heal them.
- Be crazy about hand sanitizer and washing hands. I currently have Vicks Early Defense foaming hand sanitizer that promised to fight germs for 3 hours. I make Jackson put it on his hands before he goes into a childcare situation and right when he gets out. I am way obsessed with hand sanitizer for both me and him after Jackson got sick 7 fun filled times last winter. One time I even put it on Abigail's hands but would not recommend doing that till they start crawling around.
- For babies spray Lysol before putting them down on any surface to change their diaper. I actually carry Lysol spray in my diaper bag.
- Try to give them a bath at night when they have been in daycare situations if at all possible.
- When your baby starts to have congestion in his nose, start blowing his nose out with saline solution at least in the morning and before they go to bed. I actually did this a couple of weeks ago when they both probably had a virus and the congestion just went away for the first time ever without turning into an infection.
- Make sure your babies are getting enough rest. If you see your babies are starting to get sick plan for extra times for rest. Children need at least 10 hours of straight sleep and most only get 8 and suffer with extreme exhaustion which makes them more likely to catch illnesses.
- Make sure your little one is on a daily vitamin. Jackson still on polyvisol vitamin drops and Abigail will be getting on them as soon as she can.