Saturday, March 07, 2009

Prayers Were Answered, the Surgery Went Great! God gets all the Glory!


I really was hopeful that I was going to be able to update yall yesterday, but we are in the process of buying a used car and that all happened yesterday as well.

Here is a run down:
  • At first Jackson was not calm but shaky, and so we laid hands on him and prayed in Jesus name that he would be calm
  • After we prayed, he got real calm. Praying in Jesus name with authority is so powerful! We were able to semi trick him and walked behind him like we were going back there with him and I do not think he realized we were not with him till they had started the gas. All they ended up having to give him was gas to sedate him...prayers were answered again.
  • The doctor said that both his top lip frenulum and his bottom tongue frenulum were really tight (I think she said tighter than she thought) so he ended up having 10 stitches and prescription for Tylenol with codeine. Wow, and to think we had one doctor say this was not even necessary. She originally told me it would be 2 or 3 stitches up top and then under his tongue and only Tylenol would be needed for him.
  • The only real problem was once the numbing medicine wore off he could not suck his pacifier because of the top frenulum being clipped. He also had no interest in drinking and I think he only had 4 ozs of juice yesterday max and I thought he might be getting dehydrated. He did eat scrambled eggs and yogurt. He was pretty upset the first 3 hours after surgery, until I could get the codeine in him.
  • The only time I got real emotional was when he was eating his yogurt. He ate it so fast and his tongue moved side to side like it was suppose to and he did not do any of the tongue thrusting craziness. I just feel so bad for him, he has been through so much in his short life, and I just get so upset when I think about all the opposition he has had, even opposition in doing this surgery
  • He had great tongue movement now and we are so happy. His top lip is still pretty swollen, so he is having hard time saying his labial words, so we will probably not know about his speech until the swelling goes completely down. However, I will say now his tongue moves when he speaks, so that is a huge improvement.
  • Jackson is doing great today and he is acting like he never even had surgery. We are so blessed and thank you for praying.

1 comment:

Merritt Pace said...

AWESOME! I prayed for you guys yesterday at 5:45 AM after I woke up. May you have a speedy and painless recovery!