Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Steps in Releasing Your Worries to God



Here are some actions steps for women who worry. I know us ladies struggle with worry more so than men. My husband rarely worries. These actions steps I received in my favorite class in seminary, "Counselling Women." Ps-My little man does not look too worried in this picture.

Today if you are struggle with worry today I urge you to write down these four steps to releasing your fears to God taking by Mindy Williams

1. List your fears. Be specific.

2. Read Luke 22:42; 9:23, Deuteronomy 31:6, Joshua 1:9 in preparation for releasing your fears to God.

3. Confess by seeking God’s forgiveness for each of your fears (1 John 1:9

4. Face the possibility of each fear happening and then claim a promise of God that relates to each fear.

a. For example: Pray, “Lord, even if (name your fear) happens, I will follow You, and You will give me the grace and strength to go through it.”

b. You may also claim God's character traits. For example, "Even if I fail, You will love me unconditionally,"

c. Be sure to say, "God, You will be there for me, as I walk the path of obedience." Claim His sure promise rather than saying, "I hope You will be there." (Heb. 13:5b)

5. Repeat these steps whenever the fear reoccurs until you are released (Ps. 94:19).

6. Practice renewing your mind with truth (Is. 26:3).

No comments: