Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuesday Nov. 14th-Katherine's Post



Since Katherine is one of my best friends, I will be posting her post every time she writes on carringbridge about her brother's condition. Here is what she says:

"How to be upbeat when you feel so discouraged…There are days on this journey when my heart is so heavy with grief for my brother. For nothing in particular- just a knowledge of what he has to face…and doesn’t even know yet. Please just lift him up to God. As I said yesterday, I still see God’s hand in this storm. I just don’t understand. I guess God doesn’t ask us to understand; He just asks us to trust Him. And I do. He is faithful. “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything” James 1:2-4.

Andrew came out of surgery just fine. My heart is just so heavy for him and what he will face when he awakes. Please continue to pray over his infection and kidneys. It seems that both of these are critical issues. But, also lift up his heart. Pray that God will give him strength beyond himself to emotionally cope with his injuries. We know and believe that God is just and will take care of all of this in His timing. I am just thankful that He allows us to join in the blessing of intercession for my brother."

~Katherine


No comments: