Saturday, November 18, 2006

Update on Andrew-November 18, 2006




Though he is still very critical, Andrew is continuing to improve. His surgery today went well. His kidneys are starting to produce a little more urine and he hasn’t had a significant temperature for over 48 hours! This is definitely encouraging.

Instead of writing about my brother, today I thought I would let some others speak on his behalf. I have copied below a couple of guestbook entries from the past few days. Both of these guys are in the brotherhood of Marines and both wrote these entries from Iraq. The first is from one of Andrew’s men who was injured along side of him, James MacKenzie. I included a portion of an email he sent me regarding Andrew and then posted his guestbook entry below it. The second entry is from a friend of Andrew’s from USNA, Sean Toolan. I hope these entries help to bring to life the character, selflessness, and love for others that my brother possesses. As a sister, I cannot be more proud.

“tell the sir that i am glad he is doing alright and home. i am also sorry
about all this and others are too. let me just share with you that most
lt(s) in other services don't go out with their marines on patrols, but lt
kinard did. always trying to get info not only to better his marines but the
mission at hand as well
…”

Well Sir thought I would leave some words of encouragment. Anyways, I am Lcpl MacKenzie the SAW M-249 Gunner that was in front of you. I had the glasses. Anyways I was the one that was holding your head and trying to keep you awake when we road in Gunny Yoshia's Pig. I hope your doing ok and I am very sorry about this. I pray for you everyday and hope for you the best. Don't worry about any of us b/c I was the only other one that got hit besides you and I am fine just got a broke jaw and shrapnel. I want you to do me a favor though sir, take this time to draw closer to the Lord, your family, and most of all those that love you. We miss you sir and you will always be in my thoughts and prayers. I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to get to be an old fart lol, b/c then I can tell my kids about a brave Lt. that didn't consider himself better than no one else and fought next to his brothers on the battlefield. "You gave it your all, and the unltimate sacrafics sir." That is above and beyound what anyone could ask. Take care and if you need anything I am still here for you as one of your Marines.

James MacKenzie

Canton, GA

To a Brother:

Drew, you are a warrior in every sense of the word. From our first days as Plebes at USNA through Rugby, TBS, and now with 2d LAR, you have always been the truest friend a man could ask for. You are one of the most selfless, positive, and kindhearted men that I have ever known and it is an honor to have a friend like you. Your incident has hit all of us USNA and 2d LAR brothers hard over here in Iraq, but in the midst of it all, your service and sacrifice has served as an inspiration to us all. I have no doubt that God has you in the palm of His hand right now and that you will recover and continue to fight as you have over here. I can tell you that we all are looking forward to seeing you when we return and know that our Brotherhood will be there for you no matter the circumstance. Stay strong brother and we will see you soon. Know that you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. "Those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary"- Isaiah 40:31

In brotherhood, Sean Toolan

2d LAR Communications Plt Commander

I appreciate these guys so much for their service to our country as well. Please lift them up to the Lord as well as they are still serving our country in Iraq.


http://caringbridge.com/cb/inputSiteName.do?method=search&siteName=andrewkinard


No comments: