Thursday, November 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Andrew



Today is Andrew's 24th Birthday and here is the latest update:

"In speaking with my dad this evening, he emphasized that Andrew is still critical, but improving. He has come a long way, but still has a long way to go. I think this is the best way to characterize Andrew’s journey thus far. We are so encouraged by his improvements, but he still needs so much prayer. Andrew had some trouble breathing this morning, so they decided to go ahead and do a tracheotomy. This will be a good decision long term as this will avoid the reinsertion of the ventilator before each surgery and the pain and annoyance that the ventilator brings as well. He is progressing well in his surgeries. He had another this morning and did just fine. His kidneys are still functioning about the same, showing good promise of return, but are still a concern. My dad also told me that his white blood cell count is up, signaling a possible return of infection. Please lift up his body to God as he heals. I realize that his progress will look like two steps forward and one step backward as we move forward. The good news is that we are going forward! And, I thought I should let everyone know that tomorrow is Andrew’s 24th Birthday. So, Happy Birthday Andrew! I pray that tomorrow will be a very special day for him and my family."

~Katherine

I have also attached the letter from Tom Leopard last night for those of you that did not see it. As a sister, I am so humbled by the support that Andrew is receiving. Thank you all for your prayers!

Good Morning Christian Friends,

I have asked Katherine to give me the pen today to address each of you that visit this wonderful web site daily. Let me first introduce myself, my name is Tom Leopard and it is an honor to call the Kinard family close, personal friends of my wife and myself. Their faithfulness to Jesus Christ inspires both of us daily.

So many people in the community have asked me, "How can we help the Kinard?" The Kinard's needs today are very small, but the future financial needs for Andrew are uncertain, and that is why I believe the Lord has placed on my heart to establish something that everyone can do that would be a special touch for Andrew. This week, with the help of very special friends on the team, we have established a foundation to honor Andrew. This fund will honor Andrew for his bravery and service to his country, and for his continued love for Jesus Christ. The United States Marine Corps has been unbelievable in providing for the Kinard's daily needs, but we know that there will be out of pocket expenses for Andrew down the road. I truly believe that God has a wonderful plan in place to use Andrew for His mission on earth. Andrew is a very faithful, Christian, and could possibly even use the funding down the road to continue to glorify his creator's name.

A weakness of mine is asking people for donations, but through Jesus Christ, He has opened doors and made the establishment of this foundation so easy for me, and others to set this up for Andrew. He has led me to Mr. Hugh Brantley, President of the Spartanburg Christian Community Foundation, who will be overseeing this foundation with the help of the “Helping Hands of Georgia”. I, along with a spiritual committee will be administering the funds for Andrew’s needs. The address is listed below and I ask that through thoughtful prayer that the Lord will guide you in your decision to contribute to this fund. All checks must be made out to “The Spartanburg Christian Community Foundation, and then note to be used for “The Lt. Andrew Kinard Foundation”.

If you have any questions about this fund, I ask that you direct them to Hugh Brantley by calling him at (864) 949-5700. All contributions are tax deductible, and a receipt will be mailed to you upon receiving a donation.

The address is:

Lt. Andrew Kinard Foundation

c/o Spartanburg Christian Community Foundation

P.O. Box 2397

Spartanburg, SC 29304

Through the love of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, I thank you in advance for your donation.

Psalm 91:14-16 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

Thank you so much,

Tom Leopard


No comments: