Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday's Word: John Piper-One of the Greatest Preachers Ever

I challenge you ladies out there to listen to Jon Piper's sermons. Download them free and make a cd or listen to them on your ipod while you do laundry. His sermons are life-changing. He has been very influential in the direction of my life. In 2003, I attended One Day read his book , Don't Waste Your Life, and knew without a shadow of a doubt that God was calling me into full time ministry, just as my great grandmother said. It was a path that lead me where I am today: joyfully raising my babies as my heart as always desired, and being privileged to be in full time ministry. I think I might be selling pharmaceuticals somewhere maybe even single without affirmation from this conference. For a while, I listened to him every week. Many of his books were required reading in seminary. God has done a mighty work through him

Here is a link to the sermon he preached at One Day 2000 that helped him write his book Don't Waste Your Life

Enjoy!
Bosting Only in the Cross

Acts 20:24: "I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may accomplish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

One thing mattered: Finish my course, run my race.

Philippians 3:7-8: "But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ."

1 comment:

Charlie Wallace said...

That sermon is actually from OneDay 2000...but I think you know that, just a typo.