Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday's Tip: CVS!

In honor of the grand opening of the new CVS in Lexington, Tuesday's money saving tip is learning how to shop at CVS. This new CVS is right in front of Steinmart in Lexington and is taking place of the one that was right beside Steinmart in that shopping center. It is opened 24 hours a day, and tonight Jackson and I are planning to go there after supper. He can actually be a good helper and it is a great way for him to get out of the house.

Here are my tips on starting earning money at CVS:
1. Start small. My advice would be buy an item that you need (such as toliet paper) that you can earn extrabucks for. We get the paper on the weekends so I can see the ads on Sunday and get all my coupons, but you can also find the ads online. Try to shop there at least once a week.
2. Check the money saving blogs such as MoneySavingMom, and I heart CVS. They do all the work for you and show links on many coupons you can use for the items that you can earn money for. Money Saving Mom always has links to other blogs who have learned how to spend just a few dollars on tons of items that we all need.
3. Get your prescription filled there and scan your card everytime you get a prescription filled. You earn .50 cent of free extrabuck to use in the store for every prescription. Every quarter I end up with about $10 of extrabucks to use in the store and I know a lot of that money comes from my prescriptions.
4. Stock up on items you need weekly there. I have a stock of toilet paper, paper towels, dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, and baby wipes.
5. Many times when I shop there I do multiple transactions. If I know we are going to have a busy couple of weeks, I do one transaction on all the items that I will be earning extrabucks on and then I do another transaction on items we need and then I go ahead and use the extrabucks that I have just earned on the second transaction.

Tonight I am planning to buy:
3 12 packs of Pepsi and getting a free pack of Diet Pepsi which is ends up being $2.75 a pk. which is good
Gain detergent for $5.99 earning $2.00 in extrabucks
1 Speed Stick Pro Deodorant for $3.99 and I will earn $3.99 in extrabucks which will make it free.
1 Coppertone sun screen for $8.99 and I will earn $2.00 in extrabucks and then I will print a coupon from coppertone's website for $3.00 off. I would have never known about that coupon if I had not looked at moneysaving mom's comments under her CVS post.
I have $5.00 off my purchase on extrabucks that I earned last week on Miralax.

I actually missed out on many more deals by not going to CVS on Monday because they had many great two day sales (Sunday and Monday only) where I could have earned money. I could not get to CVS yesterday because we had to take Charlie car in for new tires since he did not have to go into work.

Do you have any more tips to share?

No comments: